Here is a checklist you can essentially print and work from when preparing your applications to law school. Refer to the OLSAS site with any technical questions.
Applications Open in September for the following September start. Monitor OLSAS. GPA/ LSAT/Referee Requirements per school.
Between applications opening and closing, the following will need to be submitted:
- LSAT : click for an article on how to ace the LSAT.
- Referees : click for an article on how to choose your references
- Essay : click for an article on how to structure your essay
- Sketch : click for a description of what to include in your sketch
- Transcripts : just order a bunch from your schools and have them sent to the appropriate schools and get extra copies to your house as backup.
Applications Close early November. Monitor the OLSAS site. Note that this only gives you 2 months to prepare your entire application.
Make sure to consult the official guide for applications as the specific requirements tend to change year-to-year. Use the comment form on the Contact page to let me know if I should update this information.